Fur rippage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
Mabel and Winston have begun to get to know eachother. However, I have a question. I thought that they were groomingeach other in a cute way tonight when I realized that Mabel wasactually ripping Winston's fur out! I assume Winston was doing the sameto Mabel, but I only see black tufts of fur on the floor, not white.

My question -- is this normal?? Now Winston is running around gruntingand thumping (Mabel's back in her cage, eating). Will he be okay? Eek!

Ripping out fur seems aggressive to me.Mutual grooming usually is light nibbling and "head moving" licking,with no fur flying. I would stop it as soon as you see ithappening. If you aren't seeing it happening you are probablynot supervising them close enough at this point and time in the bondingprocess.

Don't turn your back on them until they've been together for at leastan hour with no untoward incidents. Even at that, don't turnaway for any long period of time.

Buck

Latest posts

Back