fur falling out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the fur is a bit matted, probably because it didn't totally dry? I would recommend in the future using baby shampoo as I think it's a bit milder than the bunny shampoo. Also, you can powder the area with baby cornstarch (not talc) after a bath to get it dry, keep it dry, and prevent chapping.

it was a bit pink when i first noticed but has gone back to normal now , i think it was the shampoo as the flaking has near enough gone now , i think im going to not bath him as much and put something down on the floor so he stops weeing on the laminate and soaking his fur in it , thinking an old towel or something to absorb the moisture if he does pee on the floor instead of his litter box , i spoke to my vet on the phone and as it doesnt look inflamed hes not overly concerned at the mo but said to bring him in if it looks infected/red or inflamed or more fur falls out from a different area , hes also given me another application of xeno450 just incase of mites as its been a few months since he was last done and each application only lasts a month but he doesnt think its mites as bailey is not itching but said it wont hurt to treat him anyway as the xeno450 prevents internal parasites as well as external .

thank you all for your advice hopefully bailey will be back to normal soon

Latest posts

Back