Fun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234daisy

Reaction score
I was the one that wrote in about my bunny havinga bump on his back. I wanted to say thanks for thewelcome! I just found this site yesterday and am having a TONof fun reading everyone's comments and seeing all the pictures...ihaven't gotten anything done at work all morning ;).

It's great to know so many people love bunnies as much as me.My lop's name is norman. He's a little overweight and is verystubborn.....and the cutest little man i've ever seen.

Well, I have another question for y'all, do you guys usually give yourbunnies baths? If so, how regularly is safe for them...also,what kind of shampoo would I use? I've given norman a fewbaths and he seems to be very scared at first (teeth chattering andurinating in the water) and then about 3 minutes into it starts havinga little fun. I'd like to give him more baths since he seemsto enjoy the bath and then enjoys the grooming afterwards........anycomments?

In regards to norman's bump on his back, i'm going to take him to thevet. it's much better to be safe than sorry....and plus,that's what a credit card is for right :D?

Well thanks to everyone who responded!!

Hi Daisy, with regards to bathing your baby Iwould avoid it unless they are extremely dirty - something to do withthere natural oils I think - I'm not 100% sure as to the reason why,only you shouldn't. I think they will wash themselves, but if they arereally dirty use a flannel in warm water on their paws.

LOL to not getting anything done at work. I remember when I firstjoined my partner used to laugh at me as I could be on here for about 4hours at a time. You will find it addictive! I have even dreamt aboutthis forum!

Hope that bump on Norman's back turns out to be nothing and I agree best to take him vets to get a proper diagnosis.

Have fun on here.

Vickie

Oh yeahand tothe board. Will look forward to hearing lots of stories about yourlittle guy!

Greetings Daisy!

All of our buns have had a bath at one time or another. Brindle is theonly one of the 5 that really seems to enjoy it from beginning to end.We use a bunniepoo that the bunnie vet recommended. We got it atPetSmart, but I can't remember the brand. The only thing the vetadvised was not to bathe them too often and to make sure they werecompltely dry afterwards so they don't get sick from being chilled. Theonly time we needed to bathe them often was before Benji was fixed. Hewould spay everyone in the room. Brindle and S'more got the worst of itbecause their cages sit on either side of Benji's. Benji would make amess of his cage and himself. Not to mention the walls, the furniture,and the carpet. Getting Benji neutered was the best for all concerned.

So happy to have you here, daisy, and very happyto hear you're enjoying the posts. Keep us posted on thelittle one. I do think it's wise to see a vet so that it isproperly diagnosed and treated.

As to baths and rabbits, rabbits are like cats in that they cleanthemselves and don't need to be bathed. Sometimes you have tohelp them out a bit if they get into something that is really dirty, orolder rabbits sometimes have a harder time cleaning some areas, but Istill wouldn't immerse them in water because it can throw them intoshock if they fear it or if the water is too warm or too hot.When I've had to clean a rabbit, I've used just a mild soap or Dawn -as advised by Kathy Smith, the author of the book Rabbit Health inthe 21st Century. Like DaisyNBuster said, it can causetrouble with the oils in their fur and skin, and you must make sure youget them completely dry if you do bathe them. If you don't,they can get sick.

That said, although most rabbits don't like water, some do.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
That said, although most rabbits don't like water, some do.

There are always exceptions to the rule, as you can see.

47b4d900b3127cceb2fc3317f9250000001610

47b4d900b3127cceb2fc3333f9010000001610

I agree on the neutering part. Whennorman was going thru his "phase"he sprayed the cats, chasedmy girl cat around untill she finally found a hiding space on therefrigerator and grunted.....yuck. After we got him fixed hewas back to his old self, thank goodness because it really made mequestion having a bunny.

Those are the funniest pictures ever!! The one of the white bunny swimming is cute.

This one, however....

47b4d900b3127cceb2fc3333f9010000001610

looks like a dead squirrel to me...

:shock::D

A dead Squirrel?? :shock:

For Shame! :X

Look at da babies, Bo!

Otter Bunnies!

:D

-Carolyn

It does! The top one, with the date on it does,anyway! Not that I've ever seen a dead squirrel lounging in apool...but if I did, it would look like that! ;)

Those are about the funniest pictures.Mr. Z would probably like water, the others would not. He isso adventurous and outgoing.

Ed

Carolyn wrote:
Look at da babies, Bo!

Otter Bunnies!

:D

-Carolyn
You know...... my absolute favorite animals (before Igot a bunny!) were otters! I guess I know why LMAO!

Back