Found a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunRabit

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

A little backstory is that I am known for knowing the most about rabbits in my area, and my friend contacted me about a rabbit that was just found.

1F47907A-C958-493A-8EBC-6DE9A87EE99F.jpeg

Here is the little one. He is NOT in my care so I cannot tell you if its a girl or a boy. Does anyone know anyone who lives in Pennsylvania who lost their little floofer?

Sadly he/she was most likely abandoned. Reach out to the police or animal shelters to find out if anyone reported a missing bun. Till then, make him a cozy home with some hay, water, and pellets.

I realized now that you meant the rabbit is by your friend. Have them do the above.

Sadly he/she was most likely abandoned. Reach out to the police or animal shelters to find out if anyone reported a missing bun. Till then, make him a cozy home with some hay, water, and pellets.
My parents are a little on edge about taking him in due to we already have 2 fosters and own 3. We don’t even know if we can take him in because I have not been given more information about the bunny.

My parents are a little on edge about taking him in due to we already have 2 fosters and own 3. We don’t even know if we can take him in because I have no been given more information about the bunny.
Right. Did your friend reach out to a local shelter yet?

I have no idea. They reached out to me after seeing it found in my area on Facebook
Ok so instruct them to first go out and buy some Timothy hay if they can. He would also need a bowl of water. Perhaps a towel for him to get cozy. After that, tell them to call shelters and police to see if anyone reported a lost bunny. If no one did, they can proceed to either keep the bunny and care for him/her, rehome, or have a shelter take him/her. He’s definitely a house rabbit, theres no doubt so he was either lost or abandoned probably after Easter :(

Ok so instruct them to first go out and buy some Timothy hay if they can. He would also need a bowl of water. Perhaps a towel for him to get cozy. After that, tell them to call shelters and police to see if anyone reported a lost bunny. If no one did, they can proceed to either keep the bunny and care for him/her, rehome, or have a shelter take him/her. He’s definitely a house rabbit, theres no doubt so he was either lost or abandoned probably after Easter :(
We may house the rabbit but will actively look for a permanent home for it. It will be kept by our current fosters if it comes into our care. Im sure that they are looking for the owners, but we will be sure to call the shelters

It is not uncommon where I live for people to microchip their pets, and that includes rabbits. Animal control, the humane society, or any vet's office should be able to check and see if the bunny has a chip and they should do it for free.

It is not uncommon where I live for people to microchip their pets, and that includes rabbits. Animal control, the humane society, or any vet's office should be able to check and see if the bunny has a chip and they should do it for free.
I agree with microchipping.

They found the bunnies owner!

Latest posts

Back