Foster bunny's new NIC extension :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brearune

Reaction score
Okay, mostly this is just to show it off, but also.... do you think he could jump out the center parts? We covered areas where he had something underneath giving him more height.... he's the size of a normal Dutch (he's a Dutch mix)

68993_569405361879_194804641_32411075_2203926_n.jpg

Very nice size for one bun. Very lucky bun! Well the answer to the jumping question is dependent on your individual bunny. I have seen little bunnies clear over a 30 inch play pen. 2 panel NIC cage is 28". One of my buns has jumped over the NIC cage, while two of my others have never done anything of the sort. The sides being roofed is a good deterent. He may never try just because he sees that there is a "top" in parts of the cage.

Yes, some bunnies could clear that, but it's really dependent on whether or not he wants to. As long as you don't give him anything to jump on to that would make the distance shorter (like a wood house or something) it should be ok unless he's really a jumper.

Very nice cage!

Thanks for the info!! And thanks, I wanted to make a cage that would allow him to get lots of exercise when we aren't around to let him play outside. Normally we are around, but I always feel guilty when we miss a day's play XD He also still gets free-roam time hwne we are around to watch him.
But yeah, he doesn't seem much like a jumper, but his actual mama (I'm foster-mama ;D) said he IS able to jump, he just doesnt do it much. I'll just keep an eye on him I guess :)

Latest posts

Back