Food Stuff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybug15

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

It feels like I haven't been on in forever. Well anyways, have any ofyou heard of KAYTEE brand "HEALTHY TOPPINGS"? It says "forsmall animals". My mom got two packages, they are "Rose Hips"and "Mixed Friut"; which has Raisins, dried Apples, dried Cranberries,and dried Blueberries. Anybody have any thoughts oradvise? I am not going to give them any of it until I findout for sure if they're ok. You are supposed to either giveit to them separately or mix it in their food. I obviously have no ideaabout this kind of thing yet, help and advise would be muchappreciated:)

-Jay

Hi Jaybug,

Pam's advice is 100% as per usual. I'm leary of all Kaytee foods to behonest because of their high content of sugar. They make things lookpretty and put buzz words on the package like "healthy" and "gourmet",but in actuality, it's often loaded with sugar which is not good forthe rabbit's digestive system.

A good rabbit pellet should have at least 18%+ of crude protein and12%+ of crude protein. A papaya tablet or dried piece of papaya hasbeen said to keep things flowing, but that should be given as Pam said,occasionally, maybe once a week or so.

The nicest and most loving thing you can do for your baby is keep thetreats to a minimum. Provide unlimited hay, a good (boring lookingpellet with the notations I mentioned above about the protein andfiber), most importantly fresh water, and an occasional fruit orvegetable as a treat. (See the post about Basic Rabbit Care, in thereit'll list the safe foods under the websites section.)

I was certainly grateful to myself for not overloading Tucker on sugarytreats after my recent battle with G.I. Stasis. Because the treatmentcaused for things that did have a high amount of sugar, I was ThankingGod that he didn't have access in his diet prior to that so that hecould handle the treatment he was getting.

-Carolyn

By the way, I'm finally 15! Today! Yay for me . I'm so happy.:D

I get to ask my dad today if he will pay for part of my driving school.It is now almost $300 here, 290 stinking dollars! Geez Loo Eeez!

Sorry I am just so happy I had to say something on here(everybody here is still asleep:))

-Jay

Happy Birthday!

And GI Stasis is a hairball that won't pass through the rabbit's system. It can, and a lot of the times is, fatal to rabbits.

Latest posts

Back