Flower's breed??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...here are a couple pictures of Flower, our new little doe baby.

She's just over two months old, and I would veture to guess her weight as about 1.5 lb., but she's also still a bit underweight, due to her being a rescue bun.

Here are a couple pictures of her.  I believe she's a lop of some sort, because one of her ears has gotten quite floppy, but I'm not sure what KIND of lop, due to the shape of her head and coloring.

What do you guys think?

Here's a good one of her slightly-loppy ear
118lkjs.jpg

Here are is a good one of her face shape
118lks9.jpg

and another of her face shape
118lnd3.jpg

Her ear goes up and down.  There are days where it's REALLY floppy, and days like this pic where it's pretty up.  This is also another good one of her stripe.
118lmv6.jpg

Here you can see both her eye-ring detail and a bit of the stripe on her back
118lmdw.jpg

I thought maybe she was a Holland Lop, but her face isn't quite as rounded and squashed as other Holland Lops I've seen. 

Any ideas??

Holland is very likely.  Her color is far more common in Hollands than in Minis.  Not all Hollands are "show type" and may lack the rounder faces.

Pam

Ah, ok. Thank you very much for letting me know! :)

You say she is very light... She looks like a crossbred. I'm thinking between a Holland lop and a dwarf Hotot. Hotots are cute little breeds with rings around their eyes that make their eyes look big. Although I never saw a bit of color on the back before. It was probably a blending of cells when the mother and father were being bred. The stripe-ish thing on her back is from the Holland. She looks like she has Holland fur. She is the size of a Hotot, and has some of the Hotot's distinct markings.

Kiya

Latest posts

Back