Flopsy's grooming...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
So I sent Randy a PM as well about this issue, but I figured I see if anyone else had some experience with this.

So about 2 weeks ago, I discovered Hazel had an eye infection because I mentioned Flopsy's grooming of Hazel's eye on this board. She had been doing it since before Christmas and I thought it was kind of odd.

Well we went to the vet and she had eye drops and everything and she seems fine. Her eye does not have the little bit of crust anymore and it's not as red around the lid.

But Flopsy still grooms Hazel's eye. Do y'all think it's just the habit of grooming for around 2 months, so when the infection was gone, she just continued? Or should I be worried? Hazel has none of the signs from before though...

I should mention Flopsy does it less than before, but it still worries me.

The inside of the front paws if another place to look as that can get damp/matted if they have an eye infection.

If you worried I would pop her back to the vet to check. It may just be habbit though especially if the frequency she does it has dropped off. Some rabbits do groom each other around the face normally anyway.

Tamsin

Latest posts

Back