floor question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
linoleum might be, we have that in our kitchen and when I put Bentley down on it she spazzes and slips around....it might just be her though XD she doesn't like any really smooth surfaces

I would not put down slippery linoleum for a very young rabbit for a very large area... if their legs are sliding out from under them constantly, it can really tax the leg muscles.

What size of area are you thinking of? A run? A cage floor?

Like the above poster, one of my rabbits struggle with slippery floors, whereas the other one can hop across easily, without slipping.

I was considering it for a nearly 4'x5' floor space simply because I have a large piece of it sitting around. I'll probably use it as the base, but cover it completely with grass mats or fabric (or both).

I use lino to cover the bottom of my cages. I try to use one with as much texture as possible.

I also use grass matts or blankets to cover the flooring so that they have something grippy.

My buns adjusted their movements and are fine with slippery floors now. Really, it's a little bit less slippy than coroplast or a smooth plastic surface.

--Dawn

Back