Floofed up fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Question for you...

I've noticed that SweetPea floofs up her fur when she's in a bunny loaf, and it puzzles me because the other three girls don't do this...she she ONLY does it when she's in this position...

So...do your buns do this??

Here are a few pics:

Edited to add: those rumples in her fur that look like fat deposits are literally just her floofed up fur. If I pet those spots, the fur falls right back down...and then when I'm done petting her, I see her floof it back up. SweetPea actually is slightly underweight...and those floofed up parts make her look all overweight. Gives you an idea of what I mean.

100_0290.jpg

100_0289.jpg

Her fur normally:

000_2701.jpg

000_2698.jpg

A few of mine poof up....mostly when they snooze.

S'more does it best....so much that the fur on her face even poofs.

HEHE!! That sounds so cute!!

Okay, good...I wasn't sure if she was okay...I've never had a floofing bunny before, hehe!! :D

It's funny to have a bun as thin as SweetPea suddenly look chunky and overweight because of that...hehe!!

Mine seem to do it when it gets cool, too.

I'll see if I can get a pic of S'more doing it....she's very so it's had to sneak up on her.

Chippy does it and her fur looks a lot like SweetPea's when she does.

Brindle insists that she's poofy ALL the time....IMO; too many treats;)Brinz needs to call Jenny!:apollo:

:biggrin2:

Okay, good...whew! I was worried it was a skin issue, hehe!

I wonder if it's the bunny equivilent of goose bumps? :)

Yep, even Bo does this - he has fluffy rex fur anyhow (it doesn't have guard hairs and sort of stands up instead of lays down like most hair)...

clover looks like she's tremenoudsly overweight when she poofs.

Latest posts

Back