Fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole123

Reaction score
Well, yesterday i was taking mr sniffers out to clean his cage when i saw a black bug crawl over his nose. I thought it might be a flea, but it kind of looked too big to be one(in my opinion). Anyways, i tried to get it out, but i couldn't, no matter how hard i tried. So can someone please tell me how i can tell if he has fleas and what to do if he does? I really can't afford a trip to the vet right now, but if it's an emergency i guess i can borrow some money off my friends....

When I first got Clyde he has fleas and I thought they were huge fleas! like abnormal ha but I knew what they were.

Depending on the age/weight of the bun,you could use kitten/cat advantage for it.

My vet gave it to me when I took Clyde it for fleas.
Clyde is a 2 month old french lop who weighs a little over 2 1/2 pounds and they told me to use HALF of a tube once a month.

Advantage comes in different strengths so you would have to specify the strength of it
Revolution can also be usedOn rabbbits but it is prescription only .............

Neither of these drugs are over the counter

Also, any flies can be really bad news. Maggots etc can kill a bunny quickly. We just recently had a bunny on the forum who died from maggots, as they couldn't get to him in time to safe him. :(

Latest posts

Back