Fleas!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
The dog got fleas and brought them in. I'm sureI can probably search the forum for help - but considering the time ofyear - I thought I'd post this anyway so as it gets answered - folkswill see it and maybe remember the answer if their rabbit gets fleas.

We're not sure Tiny or the girls have them - but just in case - how do you treat fleas?

Peg

Adavantage flea control is what my vet gave mefor Skyler. You should probably ask your vet or someone aboutdoses because Tiny is so big and also with the babies and groomingeachother and stuff.

I had a flea problem with Loki just last month.Advantage killed the fleas almost instantly. Loki and I left for springbreak so I had the place fumigated. Got rid of the problem!

t.

Peg, you can treat the rabbits with kitten fleapowder. Pyrethrin based products are good. Iimagine that if you treated all the rabbits with Advantage orRevolution, you'd go broke! Although something like thatmight be a good choice for your dog, since you can use them monthly asa preventative. You have to get those from a vet.

For other members, never ever ever use Frontline on rabbits!

Here's more info on fleas from the Library:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12922&forum_id=10

Thanks - I didn't even think about using the library.

My biggest concern is the free roaming rabbits that live in the areawhere the dog has access. This would include Tiny, Miss Bea, Booberryand a few others.

Well - that was until we had a windstorm last night that blew the backfencing down on the play area...the door had been left open so thegirls could be in the fresh air if they wanted (since it was nice) andthey were all out in the grass...so Art got his exercise chasing theminto the play area while I got to keep them from getting OUT of theplay area....

Fun fun fun.....NOT.

Of course, as usual, Maggie Mae was the last one in.....she just LOVES the outdoors so much!

ARG!

Peg

Latest posts

Back