Flaked Maize

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
We have two bags of this stuff. I'm pretty sure this is what we were told it was, but I can't remember. I looked it up in my horse book, and it looks exactly like the stuff we have. I know for sure it's not corn, because it doesn't look like that at all.

Anyway, we don't feed it very often. Usually we would give it to the bunnies every now and then in winter, or in this case, when a rabbit goes off their pellets, we put in about half a small handful mixed with pellets.

We've been calling them oats, butI knew it wasn't oats, and I couldn't remember the name.

Anyway, is this stuff okay for rabbits? I did a google search and it comes up in a healthy diet for bunnies, but who knows......

Thanks!

Emily

P.S. this is exactly what ours looks like: http://www.thebaitwarehouse.co.uk/images/FLAKED%20MAIZE.jpg

Yeah, maize is corn to my knowledge.. and from what I've read it's corn that has been cracked to small pieces, moistened, cooked, and flaked between rollers.

Ooh I see now. Spring, do you think it would still be ok after being moistened, cooked, etc? I won't feed it to them anymore if it's bad. I'll use it to distract the neighbors chickens while I feed my sheep their grain.

Emily

I'm not an expert, but I probably wouldn't feed bunnies corn/maize. If it has been dried and processed a bunch....it probably has no nutritional value.

Is maize part of the husk? Do you have a picture of it? I am having a hard time trying to picture what it looks like.

"Corn Flakes". Due to the high carb content, I wouldn't recommend it for rabbits, although it probably wouldn't hurt as an occasional treat.

Pam

Undergunfire, I have a link to a picture of what it looks like in my main post.

Alright, thanks everyone.

Yeah it's not like I give it to them as food, they get it about 2x a month, sometimes not even at all. I'll just use them as treats. They seem really popular as that anyhow.

Thanks everyone!
Emily

Latest posts

Back