first time mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
My doe, Big Sis as breed on feb 10. Yesterdayshe was running around with hay in her mouth so i gave her a box justin case i wrote the date down wrong. 99% positive the date is notwrong. I'm thinking she didn't catch and maybe it's a false pregancy.I'm wondering if she may just be over zealous (sp?) and building hernest early? She hasn't pulled any hair and isn't sitting in her boxmaking it dirty. What do you ladies and gents think??

Some does will build a nest early withoutfur. I wouldn't worry about it. Palpate her and seeif she is pregnant or just wait it out. Hopefullyshe is pregnant for you. Good luck.

Sharon

Wildfire would build nests for about two weeksbefore giving birth. She would build one or two a day thenrip them down and start again.

Once her contractions started was when she started pullingfur. When she had a false pregnancy she only built one nestand put a small mouthfull of hair the nest.

--Dawn

I put a box in the other day for her. She isstill messing around with it, everyday she re-aranges the hay. addingmore and taking some out. She is keeping it very clean, no poop in itand she doesn't sleep in it. No hair either. I'll leave her and seewhat happens. I thought I felt something like little balls but shewouldn't hold still for long so I'm not sure.

Latest posts

Back