Fey is under the weather

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
Pam, have you used Benebac or other probiotics for hotot tummy problems? Did they help? I'm out of it, but I can go get some if it might be helpful. There are probiotics in the Critical Care but I'm not going to syringe feed more of that as long as she's eating a little on her own.

The verdict is still out as to whether or not probiotics actually have any effect. It's generally agree on that probiotics don't have any harmful side effects.

I don't personally use them. Just Nutri Cal. I believe the vitamin E is very effective in reducing inflammation and in promoting healing of the digestive tract in cases where viral infections have caused GI stasis.

Pam

Hi!

How is Fey? Did she poop at all by now? Are you still on Pedialyte or did she eat at all? Do you hear gurgling noices from the intestines?

By the way thanks for the tip on Pedialyte, I'll check on a drugstore, we, here, must have also something similar for babies. It was most considerate and kind of you to think of passing this info, especially now that Fey is fighting to get well and you're concentrated on the problem - but you still thought of helping other people! Thank you again.

Vitto and I believe that Fey'll make it - be patient and strong and hug her as much as you can. Please keep us posted on how she goes.

Vitto and Marietta

Come on Fey! Poop!!

I hope she's getting better... The fact that she has pooped a little and ate some veggies and pellets is good. I'm pulling for you!!

Ande

Fey is feeling a bit better. She ate all of her veggies and pellets at some point this morning, even though she didn't touch them when I first gave them to her. I checked on her as soon as I got home from work and she was nibbling hay. She even ran over to me for attention, which she hasn't been doing since she got sick. No new poops since this morning but there will probably be some soon since she is eating hay. And she's been getting lots of pumpkin, which makes her a happy little bunny!

FYI, she has been more perky in general since a few hours after I gave the first dose of Nutrical. So it definitely helps! Marietta, you might be able to find something similar in Greece. It's an energy supplement and appetite stimulant for cats and dogs.

YES, YES, YES!!!! WAY TO GO, FEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you Naturestee! Guess your lovely bunny is back on the road to health!

Vitto + Marietta

YAYY!! I hope to hear the poop song soon! :D

:bunnydance::litterhealthy::bunnydance:

Quick update: Poops are slowly getting more normal and more frequent. She's still not eating all her pellets, but she suddenly got her appetite for hay back today. Yay!

Back