Female peeing on the new baby?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
I picked up my lop today :biggrin2: she's so wonderful she's just a tiny baby [2months]
She really likes to be held and pet and run around. We introduced her to our female who is around 5mo's old. But she keeps peeing on her like spraying and then rubbing her chin on her. :? No one is hurt and the baby doesn't mind [no name for her yet]
The baby keeps trying to get her to play but Buns was just interested in the carrots I put out.

They are in separate cages and always will be. And yes I do plan on spaying them I know a few people asked in my last post.

What else can I do why is she peeing on her?

Congratulations on your new addition :D

She sounds like she is marking her so that she becomes hers. Your best bet is to block off any ways that they can get to each other so that she can't spray on her. Your little baby needs to settle for now, not be hounded by a hormonal teen.

Thank you! :)

were going to let them out separately from now on.
And keep the baby some where else until they both settle down.

Will she ever stop peeing on her?

They should stop when they are spayed (I'm making the assumption that the baby will start similar behaviours in due course).

If you keep them intact you might find yourself in the middle of a spray war once the younger one is older, so be warned :D

Latest posts

Back