Feeding time???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
Are buns supposed to have anything other than hay with them over night? Thumper gets his pellets at 7am, about a cup of greens at 3pm and a treat and some more greens in the evening.

Thing is that he seems to be starving when I give him his pellets in the morning. :ponder:He does have unlimited hay and water inhis cage. I just want to make sure he is not going hungry over night.

Most of my bunnies used to act like they were starving when I would feed them just once in the morning.

So I split the feedings....half in the morning and half in the evening.

They still knock me down trying to get at their food, but I feel better knowing that they have something in their tummies during the night. :D

It also gives me a little bit of an edge if one of them stops eating....I'll know within in 12 hours instead of 24.

~Jim

Mine are always ready for their breakfast in the mornings too. They are also hyper at this time as well:D.

I feed mine twice a day pellets, morning and late evening. I also give them some when I get home from work, as they are a bit hungry then as well, but, those last two feedings are basically the last one just splitin twoand it satisfies them:).

Mine aren't huge hay eaters either, some days they are, some they aren't. Like lately, Angel hasn't been eating what she should be eating of her hay, so she gets less pellets, which forces her to eat her hay and I only do this overnight;).

Thumpers_Mom wrote:
Thing is that he seems to be starving when I give him his pellets in the morning.

I have three STAWVING bunnies every day! all day! even with pellets and hay!

Go in the kitchen and even open the cereal cabinet and I have TWO begging in the tops of their cages thinking they're going to get oatsies or for Bo a CHEERIO!

Bunnies should have been named Hoppy Pigs.

lol mine do the same thing. i feed veggies in the morning, and lately have been giving pellets at night due to bonding, and they always have hay and water. And i get attacked every morning and every evening,lol.

How is Thumpers weight (with regard to his age and breed)? Is his condition good? Not carrying excess weight or too thin? Then you're feeding him just fine. As long as he has his hay and water overnight, he's doing good. (It's good to encourage him to munch his hay if he's hungry... keeps the gut moving and no extra weight gain.)

:muscleman:

My girls do most of their eating at night, so I'm sure it's perfectly fine!

Not to mention, Maisie won't eat greens except at night. :)

Hugs!

];ln BlueGiants wrote:
How is Thumpers weight (with regard to his age and breed)? Is his condition good? Not carrying excess weight or too thin? Then you're feeding him just fine. As long as he has his hay and water overnight, he's doing good. (It's good to encourage him to munch his hay if he's hungry... keeps the gut moving and no extra weight gain.)

:muscleman:
His weight is good and he seems just right...but then again, what do I know!:ponder:I am taking him to the vet on Sat. so I guess I'll know better then.

He does heat plenty of hay and drink a lot of water. His poops are back to normal too!

I honestly dont know where Louis puts all the food that he eats!

I give my two get a small handful of food in the morning and at night, then as much hay as they like and also something like a carrot for louis and half a pear for Grace or some coliflower.

Louis will eat ALL his hay, all his pellets in one go, all his veggies in one go...if he runs out of food he will eat the cat biscuits. His only a small rabbit. His hay rack is about twice the size of Graces and where she wont eat all her bunny food and only a little hay he scoffs the lot. It worries me that Grace doesnt eat more but she is a big girl even on the little she does put away

Back