Fake Pregnancy...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
I have a question for all you Rabbit savy peopleout there. When Fergi experiences here "false" pregnancys she worksvery hard to make a very nice nest. How long should I leave the nest inthere? I would leave it indefinetly but she tends to mix some of herlitter in there too. Is there a time-frame I should follow for cleaningup her nest or will she not be bothered by me cleaning it because it isjusta "false" pregnancy. Any help would be appreciated, Idon't want to anger her by taking away all her hardwork:shock:and she can be a bit tempramental about mecleaning her cage, whenever I do major cleaning I take her out of it toavoid hearing her growl and seeing her lunge at me:shock:

I appreciate your time,

Fergi's mom

This is evidently not the first false pregnancy,so what did you do before? It's most likely not a good thingto leave it in there...first thing you know, it will be her potty room,and that can become quite a mess. With false...and she hasnot been near a buck???...pregnancies, I used to leave the nest box inthere for a few days just in case. But, my does had beenexposed to a buck.

- Dolores

Depends on the doe. As mentioned, shemay use it as a potty. I always left our little Princess haveher nesting box and she kept it nice and clean. She was neverbred, but would periodically get the urge to nest and start pulling fur.

Pam

Thank you for the response. I did clean it outtoday and she dosen't go pee in there she just mixes her litter fromher litterbox into the construction of the nest. This evening she hasbegun to build another nest:shock:She has not been near anymale bunnies so I know they are false, I guess she just has a reallystrong nesting instinct! I will continue to leave the nest in there forabout a week and then clean it out. Here is a picture of her nest, sheworked so hard at it! It was about 1 1/2 inches thick on the bottom,nice and padded:D

I leave Pandmonium's in when she makes one. Ifigure, she works so hard why would I go and destroy it?;)Really, she keeps it nice andclean so I figureshe'll stay warmer that way.

She has more false pregnancies than any bunny I've had. Never hadcontact with a buck (other than nose-through-the-wires withBub and Fen as a neighbor).

Rose

Latest posts

Back