[Facepalm] Update: Kits Too Large for Doe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is the cutest?

• PeeWee

• Kestral

• (buck)

• Atticus

• Molly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samara

Reaction score
For those of you who remember, I posted the following in early January:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=69785&forum_id=48&jump_to=907286#p907286

I jinxed the entire household. We weren't using NIC panels to close the top of Atts pen and he jumped in with Molly during free time. I was up off the couch in a flash, but cursed myself for being so careless as I wrote the date on the calendar.

Atts AND Gubs now have panels completely enclosing their NIC pens and Molly is in her own enclosed cage, on a different floor of the house.

What's done is done, and with vet contact and care Molly delivered 3 healthy kits on February 4th. There were no stillbirths and a C-section wasn't needed. Everyone is doing well and growing fast.

The wee ones are all black and 4 weeks old today; they have started weaning and binkying like wild things. I believe 2 are female and 1 is male, based on filtering through our forum here and various other websites, but time and vet help will be able to confirm it when they're older.

Molly is a Lionhead, but only has a mane and some butt-fluff, two wee ones are poof balls. The 3rd has the sleek short hair of Atticus (English Lop).

The fluffy runt, PeeWee, looks like she's going to keep her tiny erect ears.

The mid-range kit who I believe is the buck looks like his ears might flop, but sometimes they are totally up and sometimes they are out to the sides of his head like a beanie. They are longer than the PeeWee's ears.

The 3rd kit, who we named Kestral, has the long floppy English Lop Ears. Both ears flop to the same side most times, like she has long hair thrown over her shoulder. Not really sure what that ear is going to do. Are there rabbits with wonky ears like that naturally?

Not sure how we are handling re-homing at this point as they are growing to be parts of the family, but I want them to be spayed/neutered before going. If the right homes don't crop up, they'll stay :)

SO, for everyone wondering what the heck they'd look like, here you go! These are a mix from last week and this week. I included pictures of Molly (mother) and Atticus (dad) also.

Can anyone come up with loose genotypes for these wee bubs? Mom is a broken chestnut, dad is a solid blue, and all the babies are solid black. I keep trying my hand at it based on interweb reading, but there is so much to it my head boggles.

On to the pictures!

Atticus:
IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

AtticusFinch-1.jpg

Molly:
IMG_0762-1.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

Wee Bubs at 3 weeks:
BubEdit.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0743-1.jpg

IMG_0745-1.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

(^ after seeing all the loose fur and scrumptious other dander under the food bin along the edge of the green part of the cage I cleaned it up and am staying on top of it. Eek!)

Wee Bubs at 4 weeks:

Kestral (who, as it turns out, is a picture diva):
Bow-20120304-00163.jpg

Bow-20120304-00170.jpg

Bow-20120304-00176.jpg

Bow-20120304-00167.jpg

PeeWee (runt):
Bow-20120304-00180.jpg

Bow-20120304-00184.jpg

(buck)(<--- name suggestions??):
Hooksett-20120304-00185.jpg

Hooksett-20120304-00186.jpg

PeeWee & (buck):
Hooksett-20120304-00177-1.jpg

If any of you fellow bunny lovers are interested in one of these wee bubs, and are in the NH area, send me an email!

And lastly, I leave this posting with a thoughtful Atticus and Troy, gazing out the window into the wild beyond:

0202120957a-1.jpg

It's not until I take pictures that I see all the dog hair in the nooks and crannies of my house. :vacuum:

woahlookitsme wrote:
I'm so sad :( I can't see the pictures!

It is a bit picture heavy...maybe it's taking a bit to load? Poop. If extra time doesn't seem to work, let me know and I can put together the actual Photobucket links and post them in here for you :)

:highfive:

ROAR - crap. I DID just reshuffle my folders on Photobucket.

$&%^%^#*@(!@*#^%^%*$*#

I'm fixing it now.

:banghead

All right, someone let me know if it's working again. I moved all the pictures above back in to the folder they were in when I posted.

Herp a derp. Epic fail.

Sometimes I astound me.

:boohoo:

SO CUTE!! I actually have a saved picture of a french lop baby whos ears do the flip to the same side so i would assume the baby is fine and the ears will eventually fall when the crown is done maturing.

That runt is adorable and looks like she's going to be a pretty lionhead lookin girl.

I really like this video on showing the two sexes of 5week old baby buns
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKM6a7Ym6B0&feature=related[/ame]

They're adorable! My favourite is the one weebub exploring the bookcase with his feet and butt towards the camera. I love bunny butts and feet.

So glad everything worked out well. The babies are so cute. Love the fact that they all have different traits of Mom and Dad.

K :)

Thanks guys :D

Here is that last picture. Not sure why it isn't showing like the rest I moved back into the correct Photobucket folder.

Blerg.

0202120957a.jpg

Latest posts

Back