Eye question w/pics.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
So I have had rescues from breeders of rabbits who have had what they call a *lazy eye* but the eye ball is actually.. lazy.. never anything like this.

This is a 2 month old baby Cali, that we assumed had an eye infection like the other 2, my vet put some dye on their eye and found scratches.. so he sent me home with eye drops and instructions to do the saline flush and clean out the schmuck. This one never really had schmuck, and a month later, everybody else's eyeball is mended, and this one is still squinty.. To me, it looks like her actual eye hole isnt big enough for the eye..

Any input anyone?

DSC_0009.jpg

Good eye..

DSC_0010.jpg

Popeye...

DSC_0011-1.jpg

it does look like her eyelids aren't big enough... I would think it's possible that her eye was too small to start out with and that could have led to a problem or maybe the infection damaged her eyelids?

I dont have a suggestion, buta thought and questions...

Dog coat markings are termed differently according to breeds. Merle in an Aussie is Dapple in a Dachshund.

Breeding a merle to merle results in a "lethal" white. In the dachshunds, it's known as "double dapple".

Characteristics of the animals include deformed eyes as well as blindness and/or deafness.

Genetically speaking, I know nothing of rabbits. Is there any known genetic faulting in rabbit breeds/breedings that could cause something similar to occure in them?

Back