Excuse me THAT'S my linolium

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
I am writing in hopes of a nice band-aid solutionfor Miss.Jade's marking of territory in the kitchen area of her "newhome" Now, it only happens in the kitchen in two spots......I know theanswer to correct the problem (there is no way I can put a litter boxin these area's due to the girl's grandparents that actually THINK theyown thishouse ) I have cleaned the floor repetitively with vinegar and as a lastresort with Nature's Miracle, yet still............

Jade has the burningdesire toclaim the kitchen flooring as her own. They are still under quarantineand can not get spayed for another couple of weeks...and when that daycomes I am doing the biggest bunny happy dance physically possible. Shenot only leaves gift's of raisin delights but HUGE pools ofurine Iam a little frustrated here, since I have been trying toinconspicuously clean these up before they are noticed by thegrandparents (how much lying can one do about why you walk around withpaper towel in hand on a constant basis...OH MY!)

Cher

Oh,oh! I'm sorry, Cher! I don't mean tolaugh!!! I wondered though how long it was going to take before they startedlaying claim to their kingdom! Oh, mercy! Helpsomebody! My tummy!!!! Can't stoplaughing!!!

Sorry Cher, but have to laugh - the way you wroteit just creates a wonderful picture of you following around wiping uppuddles without getting noticed. A squirt gun is just gonna make morepools for you to clean - Jan

I was just going tosuggest a squirt gun....I guess it would be more to wipe up though. Butseriously, it might only take getting hammered a time or two beforeshe'd get the point! I wouldn't use any little, teeny, weeny squirtseither! I would soak that bunny good and let her know you meanbusiness! And holler "NO" each time you squirt! You will have to do acovert operation....be sneaky about not letting her see you watchingand then WHAMO! when she squats, SOAK THAT BAD BUNNY!!!

The water gun treatment has worked every time for us! :)

Well,I hate to say this....but the water gun just will not work-it works forthe couch but for some reason anywhere else (walls, floors,plants etc)it is just an annoyance to Jade and she simply shakes her little selfoff and goes right back to doing the dastardly deed!

But thank you all for the responses AND for having a good chuckle at my inconspicuous expenseLOL

Cher

Tonite, the Missus lost patience with Missy, whowas being , as Carolyn says, a "trouble bubble," buy eating pictureframe and digging at the carpet. No! Got noresponse. The Missus didn't want to soak sofa(where frame waspreventing the "trouble bubble" from behind), nor the carpet, so, outof desparation, she swatted Missy on the bum with a fly swatter.

Couple minutes later, both she and Calbert, nudged her ankles and"presented," as it to say, "Sorry, Mom!" That was a firstever experience for the Missus with Missy's coming to her tobe petted.

I told the Missus I'd mention her new discovery on rabbit behavior modification, but most everyone would disagree with it. LOL

On the other hand, when you have a "trouble bubble,".....

Buck

I wish it was on linoleum that Tucker would put his markings down on. I have a wooden floor. Thank God for white vinegar.

I put a litterbox in the corner that he must have as his own. Sometimesit works and he goes in there, other times, he'll poop and urinate justoutside of it. Being in a place that I can't always see when he's inthat area, I don't always catch it.

The girls must lay claim and remind anyone and everyone that this houseis theirs. I'd try putting another litterbox there and hope it works.

If you discover something that works, do tell!

-Carolyn

I agree with Carolyn, be very glad itslinolium! When I bring Spice in to run in the basement hallway, healways pees in a corner within a few minutes! Keep in mine, mycarpet down here is a light grey and pee stains really stick out!Needless to say, Spice is no longer allowed in the house unless he's inmy arms.

Back