ESP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
On a previous thread, discussion was offeredregarding whether rabbits can "sense" or hear electrical energy, and,perhaps, that is how they are able to determine when we are emotionallyupset. I just want to report an interesting phenomena, atleast to me, to the forum at large and those who posted to the originalthread.

I recently "rabbit proofed" all out computer cables and wires by takingwall paneling, such as exists in our office, and making a "false wall"by screwing two 2 x 3's into either side of a piece of paneling and"pinning" this false wall between the desk and the "real"wall. All cable/wires now drop behind the false wall to thereceptacles behind it. It is almost unnoticeable because itmatches the existing paneling. It is unmovable,because I screwed it lightly into the floor.

A short while ago, our mini lop, Missy, sat under the desk, in front ofthe false wall, in the area where the cables and wire drape down toreceptacles below, and began to scratch energetically at thewall. She did this several times, before moving on tocontinue cavorting with her buddy, Calbert.

She doesn't do thisin any other section of theroom. I am definitely of the mind that she is either sensingthe electrical energy, or hearing somethingI am unable toperceive.

Buck

That is so interesting Buck. They do have suchkeen hearing that it makes sense. Could be why they love to eat wires.(at least i know mine do)

I do believe they can sense our emotions. It might just be meprojecting my love for them on them. But I swear when I'm upset or I'mfeeling nervous about wrapping them up to clip their nails, they knowhow I'm feeling and react to it.

Yes, Sarah, that was some of the conjecture inthe earlier thread I alluded to. So many people reportexactly what you are reporting, that they sense youremotions. Some of us were questioning how they can do thisand why wires are such tempting items for them to chew.

Buck

Don't worry, if the new wall is wood she'll chew it. "we'll just see if this wall should be here."

Maybe they're just like kids and react to change.I read somewhere that small children will give you a funny look if youput 3 objects behind a wall and only come out with 2.

New location for Missy to live and playit. Had never been in the office before. Wouldn'tnecessarily know one "wall" from another.

Children are beginning to develop their cognitive abilities like theconcept of numbers. I might expect them to look quizzicallyat such a situation.

Missy only has done it once, at that location. Nothing since, at any section of the wall.

As some might say, "Oh, walla!"LOL

Buck

Latest posts

Back