Eating material

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what the material is madeof. Any paper type products generally pass through the GItract without a problem, however, any materials containing nylon can bevery dangerous.

Pam

I am not sure what the material is made off. Is it ok if it is cotton?

I can't stop him from eating it or take away the material, since he does not walk on the floor.

In most cases, cotton is mixed with nylon oranother man made fiber -- I wouldn't let the rabbits eat it as it canlead to an intestinal blockage.

Pam

but what can I do to stop him? Change the material to something else?

I have to have something on the floor, because he won't walk on laminate.

I do believe RaspberrySwirl bought natural seagrassflooringat the Home Depot. I believe she saidit comes like carpet does and you can cut it down to the size you need.

I imagine it's not all that expensive and it's safe to eat.

I'll have to put him back in his cage until weget something else. I spend half an hour chasing him to put him back inhis cage with no luck.

Get a spray bottle, fill it with water, and each time you see him "chewing" it, spray him.

If that doesn't work, I'd get the seagrass mats. A strip is$10 and that's a good sized piece (9 feet long I think and 1 foot wide)

Latest posts

Back