Eatin' Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starina

Reaction score
I had to give my bunnny the "crumbs" from the bottom of the hay bin last Friday. Because of my new work schedual I haven't been able to get to the pet supply store to get some hay. Well Saturday, after I had gotten a brand new bag of hay, she wolfed down 2 bowls of it! Now she has been eating a bowl of it a day. What the heck is going on with her? She used to just fling her haybowl around and hardly touch the stuff, now she can't get enough.

Bunnies :rollseyes

~Star~

My bunnies eat a TON of hay! Bo and Clover mostly. They eat a hay rack full at least once per day!

BoNewCage.jpg

maybe your old hay wasn't as tasty as the new stuff! also, i think it gets stale after a while. my bunnies will come running when i open a bag of hay, even if they've been ignoring the bits that are still in the rack and have been there for a while.

tonyshuman wrote:
maybe your old hay wasn't as tasty as the new stuff!
Some bunnies are funny. Like my Bebe. She would pig out on some brown dusty meadow hay, while tossing out the fresh green Timothy hay. :dunno

However they would eat their hay, if there was nothing else to eat. And my two would only eat hay in the evenings.

Latest posts

Back