ear infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
I noticed Wash scratching his ears a little bit more this weekend and just today I noticed him tilting his head VERY slightly to his right. I looked in his ears as much as he would let me and didn't see anything that looked like ear mites or anything that looked inflamed.

Am I being paranoid? And would it be okay to wait until Tuesday to bring him to the vet?

Wow...nobody answered. In my opinion, I would get to a vet as quickly as possible. All infections can't be seen visually. If your bun is tilting, there is most likely something going on in the ear on the side of the tilt. Mites can cause this too. With vestibular issues, I had rather be safe than sorry and get whatever treatment is needed started as quickly as possible.

Randy

Wow - I don't know how I missed this - I would recommend a vet visit asap....

Peg

I missed it as well...

We all know how my Rocky turned out.. beginning with a head tilt...

Vet trip asap...

Gimmie some updates..

Sooo...the rabbit vet isn't in until Friday...so Wash will be going on Friday this week, if I see anything that indicates it's getting worse (more head tilt etc.) I'll take him in anyway.

*sigh* life does have a habit of messing with us when we could least use it...

Oh not - not poor Wash!!

I hope everything goes ok, and that it's not ear problems.

Fred has an ear infection, very minor but still. I saw him CONSTANLY scratching at his ears and trying to clean them. the vet had to take some samples to make sure it was an infection.

just wondering, is there any way you could clean out his ear? i know my vet gave me ear cleaner along with medicated ear drops for fred, so i believe cleaning out his ears are somewhat helpful.

poor wash

swanlake wrote:
just wondering, is there any way you could clean out his ear?

When my boyfriend gets home I could (I need someone to hold him down) but I feel a little uncomfortable messing with ears without a vets instruction :?

Thank you for your thoughts everyone

i get that. i was afraid to clean out his ears even with vet instruction!

ugh, he HATES it. as soon as i get the cleaning stuff i his ears he shakes it all out, and all over the place! he still smells of that stuff.

mk, I got back from the vet's last night at like one in the moring (their rabbit vet was the night vet yesterday) and I was right about the ear infection and what ear it was in. He only has infection in his left ear, which Dr. Seeba commented on as weird (do rabbits ussually get infections in both?).

I was given Animax Ointment (nystatin-neomycin sulfate-thiostreton-triamcinolone acetonide ointment) to put in Wash's ear once a day for seven days and the vet demonstrated for me.He said the reason he choose this ointment instead of others is because it has been approved for use in rabbits.

So.. in the end Katie wins because she was right and Wash is pissed because a strange man poked him in weird places and now his mom is going to shove weird things in his ear. At the vet he actually jumped up on me and he sat on my shoulder for part of the ride home :)it was cute, but I have quite a few scratches from it.

Latest posts

Back