drooling bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a sweet little hollendale lop bunny. He is 7 years old and I am deeply in love with this little guy. His name is Sugar.

Over the past 7 years he has had to major surgerys for blockages. One was about two years ago that was a sphelt something and one block July 12, 2012 due to scar tissue from the first surgery. I was told this is common.

He has also had an ear surgery about a year ago and it started with drooling. We got that fixed and he has been fine.

He started drooling last week and I took him to the vet right away and they broke the teeth off in the back to get the points off and gave us an antibiotic. Off we went. That was Wednesday 10-17-12 and I thought everything was fine. But then today I gothim out of the cage to let him run around likeusual and give him someparsley. He is running around fine eating fine and looking greatexcept he has this green spot around his mouth like someone hit him with a paint gun. Could it just take a little while to stop all of the drooling? I expected it to stop all together right away after we got his little teeth taken care of.

Could anything else be wrong than a tooth problem? I am so worried. I will of course call the vet first thing Monday and get him back in right away. Just looking for a weekend answer.

Signed worried mother and sugar..........

I really have no experience with that sort of problem, so I don't have any advice for you... you might try either re-posting this in the infirmary section or asking a moderator to move it for you, though - you'll have better luck getting an answer there. (we've even got a vet who lurks around that section periodically)

By the way we will be going to the vet about two hours from home. They did both major surgerys and I really trust them. I will let you know what happens.

Sugars mom:)

Latest posts

Back