Drooling bunny, but only when he eats papaya tablets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonrain

Reaction score
Yesterday and today I noticed that Zeus, my little blue neitherland dwarf, has been drooling - but so far I have only noticed it when he eats his papaya tablet. I give them each one tablet a day since Barnaby is a lionhead and I don't want them to get hairballs from his hair.

He's still eating and doing everything else normally - he's eating his hay, pellets, and salads with no problems and I don't notice any drooling when he eats any of those. He doesn't have a wet chin or anything like that and doesn't seem to be in any pain at all.

I checked his teeth, I usually check him over once a month including his teeth. They don't look to bad to me but what do I know? I know it could also be his back teeth, which I can't see. He's about 1 and a half years old and has never had any teeth issues before.

I just think it's weird that he drools when he eats his papaya, but not when he eats anything else. I literally sat and watched him eat his hay, salad, pellets...and everything seemed normal.

So what do you guys think? My normal vet isn't going to be in until the 14th, unfortuantly. If he stops eating, or seems like he's in pain, I can always take him to another vet. I'm all paranoid though, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on him! Any advice will be appreciated!

How much does he drool? His chin doesn't get wet?

I have rabbits that love papaya table so much, they will drool ifI just shake the bottle. It's like candy to them. I'd keep an eye on him for a few days. Make sure he doesn't do it with any other foods.

Latest posts

Back