Dr. Melody 'Fullmoon' Frankenbunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seniorcats

Reaction score
Dr. Melody has to go to the vet this afternoon. She has some minor runny eye problems and a small bump (sty? cyst?) on the outside of her lower right eye lid. I expect she will not be happy with me or the vet. At least it's only a 3 mile drive. Please pray she does not go for any jugular veins - mine, the tech or the vet's.

Did everyone wear their Kevlar? I would make sure that either you or Greg stand guard tonight - don't both of you sleep at once. Can't be too careful.

How did Dr. Mel do at the vet?

Mel was 95% well-behaved. It was hot out and the car air was slow to get cold. She dug and bounced and growled a bit. She wasnot amused at the puppy in the waiting room. The owners commented that my rabbit was scaring their puppy (ha!). The puppy tried to hide with its tail between its legs.

Melhas conjunctivitis and some mild teariness so she is on an eye ointment twice a day. To my horror she had a large marble sized poopie wad stuck to her tail which Doc very carefully cut off. Mel was mortified at not looking her best. There is no infection or blocked tear duct which is good. This happens from time to time. Otherwise she is in good health but had lost a few ounces since her last weigh in over a year ago. She's still a big girl. She did try to nail the first tech twice when she was being weighed and having her temp taken. After that, Mel calmed down.

She came home and promptly took off and away from me.

seniorcats wrote:
To my horror she had a large marble sized poopie wad stuck to her tail which Doc very carefully cut off. Mel was mortified at not looking her best.

:roflmao: Please don't tell Mel I laughed at her.

I'm glad to hear that she was her usual spunky self.

slavetoabunny wrote:
seniorcats wrote:
To my horror she had a large marble sized poopie wad stuck to her tail which Doc very carefully cut off. Mel was mortified at not looking her best.

:roflmao: Please don't tell Mel I laughed at her.

I'm glad to hear that she was her usual spunky self.

I would say that's mean, Miss Patti but I am also laughing. Doc did admire her large and gorgeous feet.

Bo, that's true about the scale and then the tech said Miss Mel's out loud... that's the kiss of death

EmilytheStrange wrote:
What?? No blood drama for Dr. Frankenbunny? What a softie ;) Glad she's got some meds and will be okay!
You know Emily, you have more guts than any one I know. Didn't you kiss the Evil One on her nose? That takes great courage!

Latest posts

Back