Does she look over weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaGirl

Reaction score
I got a few pictures of Lola tonight. Do you guys think she looks over weight? I was told she is between 2-3 years old.

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

She does look overweight ; I should know as I have several overweight rabbits at home

the only thing I can figure out is that unlimited hay is fattening if they don't get enough exercise :?( no one ever told me that was true)
She looks overweight but not like extreme or anything .................

I:)think that she is a pretty girl

She looks a little bit chubby to me, but not obese.

I would ask the vet about her weight at her Saturday vet appointment. It is much easier to judge a rabbit's weight in person.

I think a healthy diet and regular exercise will see her to a healthy weight in a very reasonable time.

--Dawn

Ok Thank you!!! Yes I can't wait to find out how much she weights tomorrow. I wish we had a scale at home.

This might sound silly...but I've noticed that my buns have all gained a bit of weight, and it started just before winter hit. So, I wonder if Lola might just have a bit of extra winter weight on?

Does your house get very cold?

Ohh I never thought of the winter thing. No our house is not cold. I'm a freeze baby!!! LOL

She weights 11lbs. :shock:

From the photos, it appears that she is carrying too much weight. As Dawn said, it is much easier to assess the rabbit in person.

Pam

It looks like she has a little "extra" hanging around on her middle. How well can you feel her ribs and backbone? You should be able to feel individual ribs without poking through a lot of skin/fat. She's very pretty, though!

Latest posts

Back