Does it never end?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Okay you guys! I swear Mocha just stoppedshedding and now he's started again! About 2 months ago hestarted shedding his fur and about 2 weeks ago stopped completely, wellrecently he has started again, this time shedding the soft undercoat.Does the shedding ever end?! I know some people may say it'sfrom not enough brushing, but I brush them each about an hour a day andthey are still like this. Spice is shedding everything, he startedshedding a lot later than Mocha.

There's The Song That Never Ends, The Neverending Story, and now TheShed That Never Ends.

Hi MBB,

I feel your pain. Tucker's been the same way. Fauna hardly sheds atall, but Tucker's been shedding non-stop for a month at least.

The feed can have an effect on molting. When I was giving Tucks BlueSeal, he never came out of his molting stage. Hot temperatures can alsobe a factor, I think that's what is going on with my little man.

In the Rabbit Production book, it states: "Rabbits may be thrown into amolt by disease, going "off feed", the sudden occurence of unseasonablyhigh temperatures, or other stresses."

"The growth rate of hair is more rapid with a high nutrient intake, so the rate of turnover of hair is greater."

-Carolyn

I know what you mean. Perry sheds a lot all atonce, then it's over, but Pernod just keeps on and on and on. I brushher every day - not an easy task, may I add, - and there is still more.I have to brush the rug in the living room where they lay and I gethandfuls up. She should be a bald bunny by now :p

Jan

rabbitgirl wrote:
Fen doesn't, much, and he's outside. Izzy does though. (Hollands)

Rose

That's interesting, Rose, because Fauna's a purebred Holland and she's barely shedding at all.

-Carolyn

Back