Do rabbit's need to be fixed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionheadOwner

Reaction score
I wanted to know if i should be getting rocco neutered? I don't think i am planning on getting him a bunny friend as he seem's to be doing fine on his own. So if he is by himself do i need to get him neutered?

Yes, Rocco should be neutered. Not only does it take care of a number of behavioural problems, but rabbits that are not spayed/neutered have a high risk of cancer.

I completely agree. Not to mention, it should help with bonding him to a friend later on. And...neutered boys tend to be more cuddly. :)

Always good to have them fixed. Never know what the future brings.

From what I've learned is that despite the health benefits of getting a bun fixed it makes them a nicer pet. Without all the hormones running through their bodies there urge to dig and chew are lessened. Also an unfixed bunny will spray *ew*.

Yes, it really helps with urinary issues, peeing where they aren't supposed to and other actions like digging at carpet and eating it. Boxing as well has been slowed after a neuter.

Other issues as well.;)

Getting him neutered would probably be the best thing you could do for him. It can lengthen their lives, prevent certain cancers, and overall make them more-enjoyable pets. It can stop their "naughty" behaviors, such as spraying, digging, biting, boxing, and other territorial issues. It also helps with litter pan habits. :) If you were planning on getting Rocco a friend, it is highly recommended to introduce to altered pets (after their hormones cool-down). If you have two unaltered animals, or even just one, you could have a serious fight on your hands. Neutering calms them down, and sets them up for a more successful bonding.

Latest posts

Back