Do litters get bigger?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
Sorry about all the posts, i did write it at thebottom of my other one but i don't think anyone saw it. So my questionis, my doe had 6 last time but i have read the more litters a doe hasthe more kits there are, so how many should i expect this time, or isthis wrong? She is a french lop.

Also while i'm here lol, dad is a black magpie and mum is a brokenblack, i don't know their parents colours i'm afraid, but is there achance that i will get any magpie kits, or anything apart from blackand broken black, because there are only so many blackies and sootiesyou can have lol!

I have found with my rabbits that litter numbersdepend heavily on the buck as well as the doe. But in general, it seemslike does peak in the number they have per litter by their 2nd or 3rdlitter, then they will maintain for awhile, and then will decline asthey get older. It also depends on how often you breed, etc..

I had a Fuzzy Lop doe that was a wonderful mom and had seven kits everylitter from her very first litter until she was about 3 years old. Atthat point, she was still a terriffic mom and would produce lots ofmilk, making her an awesome foster mom, but she would rarely have eventhree kits.

About the magpie- I am not too familiar with those genes- but I wouldimagine your broken black would have to carry the ej gene to get anymagpies in the litter.

I highly doubt you will get magpies. Sorry. Themagpie gene is on the "e" gene and it is recessive. The genes of themother will most likely dominate over the magpie gene.

I would go into a long explanation but I'd probably bore you to tears.

Peg

Latest posts

Back