Do I need to worm my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippie

Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it's neccessary to worm a rabbit? My little netherland dwarf has just come back from having his booster vaccination at the vets but I didn't think of asking until after we came home.

Do you show your rabbit? Does it see other rabbits? If not, than probably no. That's what the breeders pretty much have told me.

I worm both of my guys, and intend to do it about 4x a year apart from monthly in the summer when they go outside.

Mainly because my last rabbit contracted a parasite which helped contribute to his kidney failure, there were absolutley no signs he had anything until the kidney failure really kicked in during his last week. (did a fecal test) and he was never in contact with other bunnys, doesnt show, wasnt outside at all in the past 2 years. So yes a totally indoor secluded bunny can contract stuff.

For what Panacur costs, and for how easy it is to give, its better safe then sorry. But thats just me.

Latest posts

Back