Do bunnies get hiccups?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaUK

Reaction score
Twinkle's sat with me now and she's making tehweirdest sound. A kind of repeated dud...dud...dudsound. The closest human thing I can compare it to is hiccupsbecause it's so regular. Do you think rabbits can gethiccups? When I move her it stops for a while but as soon asshe sits back down it's starting again - like a ryhthmic gruntingnoise...Hmmmmm....:(

Hard to tell without actually hearing it. Some rabbits appear to "hiccup" and grunt as they are eating cecal pellets.

Twinkle may be just carrying on a converstion with you.

Could be related to illness (such as a respiratory problem) -- but Idon't think that is the case. There are also certain geneticmutations that cause unusual behavior.

What I'm guessing from the limited info you've provided is that he's just "talking" to you.

Pam

Thanks Pam

The grunting appears to have stopped now anyway. I thinkyou're onto something though as I've only had Twinkle for 3 weeks butshe's a real attention seeker and I feel that maybe she thought I wasignoring her while I was sat at the computer. She likesattention!

I'll not worry anymore for now.:dude:

I was once told that bunnies can giggle. ;)

If they can giggle.... I'm sure they can get hiccups.

Imagine if they got the hiccups and the giggles at the same time. I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing :D.

Jim

When Bo wasa little guy, he seemed toget the hiccups a couple of times. I could see his littletummy jump and he did make a very quiet noise.

I haven't seen anything like it since he's gotten older.

Cept when he raises up and lets out a toot! :?

RebeccaUK wrote:
Thanks Pam

The grunting appears to have stopped now anyway. I thinkyou're onto something though as I've only had Twinkle for 3 weeks butshe's a real attention seeker and I feel that maybe she thought I wasignoring her while I was sat at the computer. She likesattention!

I'll not worry anymore for now.:dude:

Opps -- sorry that I refered to Twinkle as "he" -- I thought I had read in a previous post that she was a he LOL

Pam

my bunnies both did that wheni tried anew litter with them.. but it was accompanied by a sneeze here andthere.. seemed to be allergies as it cleared up when i switched back towhat i was using before :)

Latest posts

Back