Diarrhea ? Alfalfa Hay ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BunsOfLove

Reaction score
My 13 day old bunnies are starting to get hay (Alfalfa) whivh I heard was good for them since they are still very young and growing .One of the babies are producing sticky light brown very unformed poo that stinky all over its bottoms and its feet ... She I take out the alfalfa until they are a little older ?They also have Bermuda grass hay but I never see them eatting that .

Alfalfa can be a cause of digestive upset, so is best introduced into the diet slowly and when they are a bit older. Would be better to have them starting out on the Bermuda hay. If there are small enough leafy stems for them to be able to eat, they should start munching on it once you take the alfalfa away.

Alfalfa can be a cause of digestive upset, so is best introduced into the diet slowly and when they are a bit older. Would be better to have them starting out on the Bermuda hay. If there are small enough leafy stems for them to be able to eat, they should start munching on it once you take the alfalfa away.

Thank you !

Latest posts

Back