dexter temperament change

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twitch-6

Reaction score
so dexter still has the same cage but he has been neutered and is now MUCH better about the litter box. at least for pee anyway. the pooping outside of the litter box has decreased but still isn't perfect. he seems less grumpy in general and is much more active then before (inside the cage anyway).

i've also rearranged the whole table and cage so he can get in and out of his cage at will. he's figured out how to do it now and has known for a while but now he doesn't leave his table. he'll come out of the cage and sit on the pillow on top or the carrier/step down to the table and sometimes he'll hop off the table but doesn't venture further then a hop away from the table. what's going on? before the neuter he was all over the lving room, now he seems to be dependant on his cage... i don't understand. i knew the neuter would change his personaility some but i didn't think it would do this.

Maybe it has to do with not having all those hormones telling him to find girls and breed and to stake out his territory. He might just be content to play around the table now.

Of my neutered boys, Zeke is the explorer. He'll check everything out everytime I open the cage. Where as Baxter is content to only come out for treats or love. He'll explore occasionaly, but chooses not to the majority of the time.

As long as he has the choice to explore, but chooses not too, I wouldn't worry too much. You could maybe leave him a trail of treats or put some new grass matts down to encourage him. But if he's happy, he's happy!

--Dawn

yeah, i think he's happy doing what he's doing otherwise he wouldn't be doing it. but i miss him coming over to see what i'm up to and chilling on the couch with me. i figured there would be some temperament change but i guess i just wasn't expecting this. i kinda miss the old dexter, though certainly not his old smell.

Latest posts

Back