DELIVERY GONE WRONG

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchbunnylover

Reaction score
Hello---I am new to this site. I am hoping someone can help me understand what is happening with my doe. I have been breeding for 12 years and never had this happen to me before.
I have a doe that is 2 years old. She has had 4 litters and is a wonderful caring mother.
She delivered on time. Had her nest box with bedding she was used to. She had 12 kits.......they all died within two days. (four were still born) She didn't feed or pull any hair. On the third day she delivered one more. It was also dead.
I really don't understand what happened. She didn't seem ill in any way. She ate and drank good through her whole pregnency. She seems very stressed right now and right fully so. She is used to large litters so I know that isn't it.
I am attaching a picture of one of her kits from her last litter. You can see what she has always raised.
If anyone has ever had this happen or know anything about what may have gone wrong with this dear bunny PLEASE contact me. Thank you,Mary

:hello:welcome1
  • How has the weather been lately?
  • When was her last successfull litter kindled?
  • Has their been any disruptions / new smells / anything out of sorts or out of place in the Rabbitry?
  • Have you switched feeds recently?
  • Did you use a new buck?
  • Has she ever successfully kindled by this buck before?
  • Have you checked her water supply? Good flow?
  • Could she possibly have a retained kit from a previous litter?
  • Uterine infection?
I could go on & on with more questions and possibilities. I'll give you time for these first and maybe someone else will want to chime in.

I'm sorry for your lost litter.

~Sunshine

I know this is an old thread but I think I finally figured out what happened. From reading your questions..........I went on vacation to see my children, while I was gone she delivered and lost that whole litter....there was never a time she had baby's that I was not right there with her....I think she was just so upset that I wasn't there that she paniced and went into depression.....the reason I think this is because when I did get home she actually JUMPED into my arms and just loved on me and I had to carry her around all day. She even wanted to go with me to feed the others.........she is fine now and had another litter of 7 and they were all fat. She is really a good mommy......I really think it was because she missed me to much.........I can't leave her when she is exspecting......I will go while she is resting.
Thanks for the advise. It really got me to thinking what could have been different that time. I am more picky about my vacation time with my children now. They think I am silly because I can't leave when my bunnies are expecting........lol
I am sending you a pic of her and one of the baby's she raised from that litter of 7. (that baby is now one of mine too)
thanks!:bunnydance:

yes. I have two emails and didn't realize I had used them both.....They are the same person.....didn't entend to do that.....sorry

Glad to hear you got to the root of the problem. Your dutches are so adorable.

I especially love this pic in your avatar:
3628.jpg

Do you have a blog? I would love to see more pics of your babies :)

Beautiful Bunnies! :kiss:

My favorite is Butterscotch..Ive always wanted a dutch that lighter brown color. Im jealous bc I got my boys when they were a bit older and Ive never seen dutch babies. They are just too cute!

You ought to start a blog here in the Bunny Blog section so we can meet all your babies.

Love the pics! :inlove:

Haley

thanks. I love your dutch buns. My first bun was a dutch. Now I have many.
I don't know yet how to make a blog, but I do want to learn how.
I will be on again later tonight. It is dinner time now so I must go get to cooking.lol
thanks for the interest. I don't have anyone here to talk to about my buns so I really enjoy this.
thanks,mary

I know how you feel..this is a great place to talk to people about your bunnies (because people usually just thing youre crazy!).

To create a blog, just click on the Bunny Blog section and selectNew Topic. Thenyou can introduceyourself and your buns, post pics etc. (iuse photobucket.com to upload my pics, then you copy and past the url in thisicon above(
image.gif
). Send me a private message if you have any trouble.

I'll be waiting for more pics of your babies when you have a chance!

Latest posts

Back