Dealing with a hormonal bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I am amazed by Wiggles' grouchiness! She lunges at me and growls and she simply doesn't act like she did before the whole pregnancy thing. I was wondering how long it could take for her hormones to settle? She is also being really nasty with Bam-Bam and I really would like to put them back together.

Bam-Bam is extremely lonely and he was thrilled when he saw her but after he licked her for a few she suddenly lunged at him. She ran into his cage and charged at him. I nearly got bit by her when separating them. Will she go back to being my sweet Wiggles? :(

I don't know how long the hormonal thing is... but my netherland dwarf is an ex breeder that I got from a feed store last april and sometimes she is still hormonal... i don't nknow much about her history except that she just weaned her babies and i don't think she was treated very well because her claws were 2 inches long and i had to tim them when i got her home.... I just ignore her when she is that way and pick her up anyway and she usually settles down... she isn't always like that though...

Well, she is know full of hormones and wants to protect her babies. Probably sees Bam-Bam as a threat to her babies right now.

I would imagine once the babies are weaned and mom is spayed, she will get a lot better.

Is Bam-Bam already neutered?

--Dawn

She had a miscarriage so she has no babies... Does she understand that? Lol. The way she is acting is as though she is still expecting. :?

LOL, too many bunnies to keep all the stories straight!!

She may still feel pregnant or just have a high hormone level since becoming pregnant.

Rabbits are very territorial, and seperating them can cause them to lose their bond, becoming territorial towards each other again. To bond them again, you'll most likely have to start from scratch again. Totally neutral territory only for the first little bit.

Once Wiggles has been spayed (if I remember correctly, you found a good vet to do the spay?), give her 3-4 weeks to recover before starting to bond.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back