Damp, not shaped, poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumperina

Reaction score
I have 3 rabbits housed together so I have no idea whose poop it is.
Usually they are outside during the day where they have access to grass (there is no snow on the ground). It's been very cold this last couple of days, so they prefer to stay indoors in garage where heater is on. Because they get grass on the daily basis, they unfortunately don't eat much hay and unfortunately don't drink much water - both are offered though). So they stay indoors lately and possibly eat a little more fresh veggies than usually. I am finding some daamp, not perfectly round poop after them.
Is this alarming?

I would cut down on green veggies for a few days and try to encourage them to eat more hay, and see if that resolves it. Happens to my buns on occasion, I just really push the hay on them and it seems to resolve itself.

Just be aware that if it gets worse and turns into true watery diarrhea, it's considered an emergency and you'll be wanting to take them to a vet ASAP.

I would cut down on green veggies for a few days and try to encourage them to eat more hay, and see if that resolves it. Happens to my buns on occasion, I just really push the hay on them and it seems to resolve itself.
do you know what I am concerned about? their close to zero water intake. If they eat dry food like hay, I am concerned they would have small dry poop/

It will warm up tomorrow and after, so they will go outside again and hopefully eat grass again.

You might want to increase hay and cut back your pellets- if poos are soft then sometimes they say it can be because too much richness/protein and not enough fibre so feed more hay/grass and less pellets to see if they go back to normal. You could also try to encourage more water drinking by pureeing a slice of apple into a cup of water (so its not overly sweet) and giving it in a bowl too.

Latest posts

Back