Daisy's Injury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been working hard to introduce my two rabbits, Clover and Daisy, but its taking longer than I've hoped for (mainly because I have to find time). This time, to be different, I threw in a few toys from each others cages. I also threw lettuce, carrots, and hay into their pen. I was watching them for about 20 minutes with no problems, but Clover then hopped over to a carrot. Clover started eating her carrot, and Daisy decided she wanted that carrot to. There was a bit of fighting before I rushed over and separated the two. Things were back to normal and both of the girls acted fine (they usually have something like this whenever they are in the same pen). When I went to put Daisy back in her cage I found a spot where her skin and fur had been torn away from the muscle. There was no bleeding and I was told by another rabbit friend to put triple antibiotic ointment on the injury. I'm attaching pictures, I would like to hear any advice you have. Will I have to take her to a vet? Thanks so much!
P.S. Her injury is on her right thigh near her rear end.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1378842417.702504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

If that is an avulsed flap of skin then you will need to take her into the vet. That type of wound could easily become infected. I don't know if the vet will cut away the loose skin, or if it could possibly be stitched, and she will most likely need antibiotics.

If that is an avulsed flap of skin then you will need to take her into the vet. That type of wound could easily become infected. I don't know if the vet will cut away the loose skin, or if it could possibly be stitched, and she will most likely need antibiotics.

Thank that's very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Back