daisey's heartbeat eratic! HELP!!! PLEASE!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourbabydaisey

Reaction score
Came home from being out today and noticed that our bunny was acting alil wierd and when she is not eating or drinking something trying to rest her whole body is shaking from her heart racing! Cant even count the beats it is so fast! First bunny me and my family has owned and we have had her for alil over a month and she just gave birth to 4 kits only two survied other two born dead! On saturday the 17th..and she has been fine up until now! She is eating and drinking fine and the baby's are feeding well and growing just fine. if anyone knows what this possibly could be please help! Really worried!!:cry2

Well stay calm, she can sense your panic.

Has she been eating and pooping normally?

Is she grinding her teeth?

Could she have gotten into anything?

What color are her gums? Pale pink? Bluish? Bright pink?

sas :pray:

Rabbits heartbeats are always fast, first off. The refusal to eat and drink is a better indication.

Is she pressing her tummy to the floor and acting uncomfortable?

Or is she darting around her enclosure?

Do her eyes seem glazed over? Or are they wide and 'wild eyed'?

She may just be having a gas attack, or something frightened her.

What is her housing like? Is there covering over part of it? A box to hide in or at least a roof and a solid backing so she feels more protected? If not I'd put a blanket over part of it. That might help her calm down.

sas :pray:

i will have to check her gums, she has done that were she has darted around in her cage i have it out in the open here in the living room so i could keep a close eye on her and her babys...she is an inside bunny! but i do have two crazy lil girls.... 2 and 6 and they get pretty loud sometimes i try to keep them quite cuz i do know it will stress daisey....but that dosent always happen! My 6 yr old helps with daisey's care and the babys and does a great job of it! She seems like she is doin alil better today is alil more calm....but seems alil aggravated.. will probally be moving her back into the room today..to see how much that will help.. only thing is that i have a alil Houdini that likes to get out of the cage!! thats one of the baby's so that was the main reason for keeping them in the living room! your right i think it could have been gas cuz i put my hand on her belly last night and i could feel it rumbling and popping....i rubbed it for her for about 15mins and that seemed to calm her...she has been pooping and peeing fine! eye's look clear..hopefully we wont have anymore problems like that! gonna limit her food intake for the next couple days and see if that will help settle her belly! thanks some much for your help!!!

Could the 2 year old have been crying? That could have made her scared, although the gas thing does sound pretty likely too.

Back