CUT? SORE?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanTheRabbit

Reaction score
OMG, so there's a thin inch like "scab" on her back. Its black and white-ish in appearance and there's a little bald spot around the area. I pet her constantly throughout the day, but this seems kind old. I was holding her and petting her behind her head (where its at) and I felt something hard. I saw it and like totally freaked out. It doesn't look bad and she didn't seem uncomfortable when I touched it.

She's never been injured before. IDK what to do. Do I put neosporin or something on it? What can I do right now (at midnight) before I take her to the vet tomorrow.

There is really nothing that you need to do tonight if there is no redness . Just leave it alone until you take her to the vet tomorrow; I am sure that she will be fine until then :)

what did the vet say?

When my rabbit had a HUGE scabby scar on her back, the vet was squeezing it and touching and swabbing and Coco didn't even budge (well, her eyes were a little bulgy :shock: ... hehe).

I don't know if neosporin is ok for them if they ingest it when licking. If it's on her top neck, usually they can't reach there though.

Keep it clean. And just make sure she's doing everything else normal.

Sorry for taking so long to respond! :halo

I had went to the vet and it was just a cut. Hehe, I guess I overreacted. :p

He told me to keep it clean and that I can use neosporin. He told me to not use Neosporin Plus, just the regular kind. He told me cortisone is bad for rabbits.

I could have told you you were over reacting but I did not see your post til now. I had my Satin get caught (grabbed) by a raccoon through her cage wire, it tore her open a full inch gash and I was told not to put anything on it, she will clean it and she did! She healed great, there is not even a discoloration in her fur.

OOF if a bunny I had got attacked by a raccoon I'd want it to get antibiotics at the least! Raccoons carry some awful stuff, including bacteria, parasites, and rabies. Your bunny was lucky!

Latest posts

Back