Cut lip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenadreena

Reaction score
I'm not sure how shes did it, but Mai Mai has cut her lower lip on something. I wouldn't say its a bad cut, not at all deep, but it looks quite sore, like a paper cut. I don't want it to turn into an abscess or become infected, as its in a area that she uses a lot.She doesn't seem to be in pain and she's eating and drinking fine (just a lil grumpy when out playing) What should I use on it to help it heal?

Poor MaiMai :(

That's a tough spot to have a cut.

You could try a little Neosporin....not the kind with pain relief though, as she might lick it off.

~Jim

Poor dear! I would just keep an eye on it to be sure it doesnt become infected. As Jim said, neosporin works great and if its on the outside you can use a tad bit of liquid band aid.

Also, I would have a look around and be sure theres nothing that she can cut herself on again, just in case youre missing something. Heres hoping it heals quickly!

Thanks for replies, but I'm not too sure if we do that stuff here in the UK.Would saline solution( the kind you use to clean piercings and stuff with) be okay to gently dab on her lip? I read that you can use this in a rabbit book, but am a little wary.

Saline is great for flushing and cleaning.

But try to use something like an Anitbiotic Ointment or Salve to prevent infection and promote healing.
Neosporin is just one brand out there.

How's she doing?

~Jim

She's doing okay today, lip doesn't look any worse for wear. She just ran up the stairs honking at me to pick her up, so she's definitely happier today (she's just seen her first snowfall too:D)
I've got some ointment that I can put on her lip, I'll just keep a close eye on her for a few days.

Latest posts

Back