Critical Care mixing directions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot like it is going to be simple when someone explains it to me,lol

The directions call to feed 50 cc/kg body weight, of mixed product (divided into 4-6 feedings ), per day to any herbivorous mammal or reptile.

What i need clarification on is it 50 cc/kg per day no matter how much your rabbit weighs? Is it per pound? I want to make sure i have no questions when i need to use this.

50cc/kg is 50cc (cubic centimeters. ml is the same. Dont know what imperal would be) per kg of body weight. I think is would be about 25cc/pound. so a 4lb rabbit would need about 100cc a day. (1kg=2.2lbs)
I believe those amounts are if they are not eating anything on their own. If they are eating, then you can probably use less. But if you are using it, consult a vet just to be sure (if the vet didn't reccomend to use it). Use your est judgement about how much your rabbit needs a day.

I had to use some for Sophie becasue she had lost some weight and needed to put some one. My vet said about 30cc twice a day. Sophie is about 3.5lbs
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, Sooty will be having dental surgery soon, still dont know when we are going next week for the blood test andi have some more questions, but i have just been prepairing and looking at things. When i read it i was unsure so i wanted to make sure before hand, Thanks for the reply

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
50cc/kg is 50cc (cubic centimeters. ml is the same. Dont know what imperal would be) per kg of body weight. I think is would be about 25cc/pound. so a 4lb rabbit would need about 100cc a day. (1kg=2.2lbs)
I think the math works out to closer to 85 or 90 cc for a 4lb rabbit?

Off the top of my head.. 50=2.2 lbs, 75=3.3 lbs, 100=4.4 lbs ...

sas :bunnydance:

Pipp wrote:
Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
I think the math works out to closer to 85 or 90 cc for a 4lb rabbit?

Off the top of my head.. 50=2.2 lbs, 75=3.3 lbs, 100=4.4 lbs ...

sas :bunnydance:
I was never very good at conversons and didn't want to break out the calculator. But it's close enough. :)

So would it be 175 cc for a 7 1/2 lb rabbit?

Ha there was a riddle smarter the a 5th grader that i didnt answer ,lol, can you see why,lol

If its 50 ccs for each kg, then its 50 ccs for each 2.2 lbs. So if you have a 7.5 lb rabbit that would be about 175 ccs a day. I think thats right.

Latest posts

Back