Confusing Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvit73

Reaction score
Yesterday was Lola's fourth day with me . She isaround a year old . I am having trouble understanding what she issaying to me . Yesterday morning , I sat on the floor to watch tv , inthe hopes she would approach me . She did - but only my outstretchedfeet/legs , and those she kept sniffing , pressing her nose to ,alternately gently and harder . She did this for some time - but everytime I tried to touch her , she hopped away . In the afternoon , sheapproached me while I was at my computer - put her paws on my leg andstood up to look/sniff at me . Again , when I reached out to her , shehopped away . Last night I layed belly down on the floor . She keptcircleing me , sniffing and gently pressing her nose to me here andthere . Finally she sprawled out about six inches from me . I sat up ,and she still didn't move . But when I tried to touch her , she hoppedaway again - but this time thumped the floor . I am careful , when Itry to pet her , to move slowly , I let her smell my hand first , andmake sure she can see my hand approaching her so she doesn't startle .I don't understand - she seems to be showing me interest , but I can'ttouch her ?! Or am I totally misinterperating her signals , and shedoesn't like me ?

maybe she's just not ready :) just lether lay near you for awhile.. and some bunnies just dont liketo be touched so much.. one of my bunnies gives lots of kisses, but shereally doesnt like pets in return unless *she's* ready lol

She's definitely interested in you.Give her some time, she'll come around. She doesn't trust youyet.

Latest posts

Back