Concern about Testes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovebunnies

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am new to the forum but I really need some advice on this. Today, while I was grooming my holland lop, I discovered that one of his testicles is full while the other one is completely flat. The full one you can actually rub it and know theres something in there while the other one when you rub it, it feels like a deflated balloon. I am not sure if this is normal? From this forum, I see that both testes must be full. He is eating properly and peeing properly. He is 9 months old.

Thank you!

Sometimes they "tuck" them up into the body cavity when they're scared. The only time we see a deflated scrotal sac is immediately post-neuter or when the bunny is holding it up. If the testicle is truly undescended, the sac will not be visible at all, at least from my understanding. However I have not seen a cryptorchid male myself so I cannot be sure. Someone who has had a bunny with an undescended testicle will probably be on here soon to answer. It is my guess, though, that he's just tucking it up into his body cavity because he's nervous.

Latest posts

Back