COMPUTER QUESTIONS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
I'm having somefrustrations with seeing things on my screen and would like to knowwhat some of you have your monitor settings set at and/or if you arehaving the same problems.

I have a 17" monitor and If I leave the resolution at 1280 x 1024 I cansee the entire page of the forum on my screen without having to scrollback and forth on the bottom of the page (left and right) but then allthe print is so small I have to sit with my nose pressed to the screen!:shock:

If I put the resolution at 1152 x 864 the print is larger for me tosee, it's still small in my estimation and there are only a few poststhat are comfortably readable, but then I have to scroll back and forthfrom left to right on every page to see the whole page, this is highlyannoying.

For anyone who doesn't know how to check your settings. Minimize allyour programs. Right click your mouse on your desk top. Clickproperties when the little box pops up. click the settings tab. Thenlook and see what your screen resolution is set at. Then you can justhit cancel and it will close it without changing anything.

One last thing- do you all leave your "reply" set at the standard setting of verdana #2 when you reply on a thread?

Thanks! Raspberry

My resolution is set at 1024 by 768. I never set it, it was like that.

For me, most of the posts, the entire thing will show up but if peoplepost large photos I'll have to scroll. I do, however, have toscroll over to get to the acount buttons. And an anoyyingthing, I have to scroll to see if I have any pms (which is never :( )The "new message" does not show up without me scrolling.

I leave the font at whatever it's set at. I think it'sannoying to read all different types of fonts. And whenpeople change size and color and all that. JMO

Although that does sound annoying if you constantly have to scroll, I think you are just picky Raspberry :p

My settings are the same as babydoshia's. I onlyhave to scroll from left to right on posts with pictures that are widerthan my screen. All the other posts just simply appear on one screenand I just have to scroll down.

Do you guys have15" or 17 monitors? Mine is a 17". I just went and changedmine to the same settings as yours to see what it looked like and it isquite different! :shock:

My font looks pretty big! Is it too big(as in annoying) to you? My photos probably look too bigtoo.....

I do so much more with my computer thanjust the forum that I have my settings different because you get betterresolution with graphics, web pages, images, etc. and while surfing theInternet, as well as some other stuff I do. That's why I have it setdifferent.

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl,

Perhaps its not your screen settings but your internet settings thatmake the font look so big. :)If you go to View (at thetop of the page next to Edit), then go down to Text Sizeyou can see the settings. I have my font size set at medium and I findit perfectly fine. :)

Laura, I changedthat and it does make everything look a lot different. I will try thatfor a while. It makes all of the other posts much easier to read. It'sfunny though. It makes MY font smaller but OTHER posts larger! Whichworks just fine for me!

Raspberry

Yet your font on the forum just about doubled itssize as a result. It was larger than most before, now itlarger even yet, almost on the borderline of being offensive, like"shouting."

Are'nt 'puters a pain in the neck, many times?

Buck

i like mine set at 800 x 600, i onlyhave to scroll down, for messages unless it's a wide message with largepicture, and only scroll over far enough to see if i have anypm's. i like the text size, and icon sizes. mycolor is set at highest 32 bit and i have a 17 inch monitor flat pannelwindows XP, I'm sure some of those effect how it looks

Buck Jones wrote:
Yet your font on the forum just about doubled its size as aresult. It was larger than most before, now it larger evenyet, almost on the borderline of being offensive, like "shouting."

Are'nt 'puters a pain in the neck, many times?

Buck
Okay, I think I put everything back theway it was originally....I think....I may not have gotten the textthing back the same yet. How does my font look now? Too big, or toosmall?

Raspberry

My moniter is set at 1440 by 900 pixels, andeverything seems big enough to me. Of course I have a 19"(Widescreenish) moniter so scrolling over is rarely a problem.

Your font looks about the same size as everyone elses to me.

~Christine~

I never had to scroll until the new "The RabbitMedicine Chest" banner was put in. That thing is flippin HUGE!!! Now Ihave to scroll back and forth quite a bit.

irish_kid_shy_kicking_ground_lg_clr.gif

mutter mutter

It was when thechange took place that I had to start scrolling too. But now I'm tryingto fix it!

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Okay, I think I put everything back theway it was originally....I think....I may not have gotten the textthing back the same yet. How does my font look now? Too big, or toosmall?

Raspberry
Font is back to looking like it was previously, here at least!

Buck

Latest posts

Back