Company after spay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
Magic was spayed today and is inside now. she normally sleep in the hutch outside with her mother, Coco. I brought coco in a while back and they have sniffed each other out and they seem to be fine together,
I had problems rebonding the last time with Lint and Asha and it took a week or so before things were back to normal. i guess it helps that Coco is the top bunny.
Is it safe to leave them together for the night?

I wouldn't because as you say Coco is the top bun and if she doesn't recognise the scent of the veterinary clinic on magic she might attack. I would just put them in separate cages next to each other.

Magic being the top bunny is probably better than the other way around. Magic is feeling a bit down but she ranks lower than Coco anyhow. So Coco (unlike Asha with Lint) has no reason to challenge her position.They've been together in the same cage for an hour now and have been sniffing each other.

It seems i have made the right decision by bringing Coco in as well, although she is a strictly outside bunny and usually has the run of the garden all day. She is so sweet with magic and is just staying quietly by her side. I thought she would want to go out for a run during the day but she had no interest and keeps snuggling up with Magic. I expect this is a bond for life.

Latest posts

Back