clicking....grinding sort of noise coming from my rabbits mouth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralover

Reaction score
Hi, I have a male french angora rabbit.....andwhenever he is sitting in my lap i always hear this weird clicking sortof grinding noise comingfrom his mouth. He is not eatinganything when this happens either. Does anyone know what is making thisgrinding, clicking noise in hismouth???:?Cassandra

He's purring, by grinding his teeth together. It just means he's happy. :D

~M

Hi AngoraLover,

That's a sign of happiness when they lightly tap their teeth together while you're grooming them.

"As a cat will purr, bunnies will 'tooth purr'."

Check out http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_grooming.html Youmight scroll through some of the subjects. It's a fun website and verythorough as to 'Rabbit Language'.

By the way, thanks for blowing up your avatar picture in that post. What a baby face!

:)

-Carolyn

thanks for telling me what that grinding soundmeant.......awwwwwww I never knew rabbits purred....how adorable....andyour right carolyn, I was grooming him when he purred.:DI'mglad he is happy when I groom him. And thanx for the website carolynthat reallyhelped:)Cassandra

Latest posts

Back