cleaning paws

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timetowaste

Reaction score
does anyone have a good way to clean the bottom of bunny paws that are stained from urine and other such dirt?

nemo's paws are pretty icky. i have given him full baths before (before i knew not to do so!!!!), so i don't want to do that again.

any advice?

I'd love to konw that too. they look awful; but the strange thing is, most of the time it's just the babies that have green/yellow paws. is there a reson for that or no?

cornflour mixed with white vinegar will take the stains away :)Mix it into a paste apply give a few minutes then wash off and brush the paws

If it works well I might have to start using it on Moose :shock:

Thank goodness Chompers' paws are black so I don't see any staining :p

you might want to check your litter--if he's routinely getting urine stains, the potty training/litter absorbance of urine might not be working. lack of potty training makes the younger ones have dirty paws more often, and litter not being very absorbent can make adult, well-trained buns have dirty paws. you also might want to do a plastic screen on top of the litter like some other members had mentioned to keep his paws cleaner!:D

oooooh that is smart!!!!!!! thank you so much for the advice. i'm going to try to make the paste anyway to get him cleaned up, and then i'll figure out a way to make a screen.

is "yesterday's news" a good brand of litter to use for absorbency? i may switch to them!

I know i'm gonna try the vinigar and cornflour trick today. Both my rabbits are pure white fur! Prince is allergic to pine (how odd is that?) so he needs the CareFresh and/or Yesterday's News litter. I like the CareFresh but it is a bit more costly. Lasts pretty long though. Isis gets the pine bedding. Both get the yellow paws with their individual litters.

so i tried this trick two days ago. it didn't really work, but i also couldn't get nemo to sit still for long enough and i was doing it alone. i got the sticky paste mess EVERYWHERE, luckily i was smart enough to do it outside.

UGH nemo!

I suppose we do it on show rabbits so they sit better as they are used to being turned this way and that for the showing. I also use the effervescent nail whitening powder and then make sure i give it a good rinse but if they are really stinky it might take a few attempts!!

Latest posts

Back